Karn-Pidasana (Ear pressing Pose)
Karnpidasana is a combination of three words: Karna+ Pida+ Asana where Karna stands for ear, Pida stands for pain and Asana meats to pose. Some experts also call this asana by the name Raja Halasana or King Plow Pose.
Studies reveal that Karnpidasana is effective enough to treat ear-related problems. In Yoga, it is considered an advanced stage of Sarvangasana and Halasana. In order to perform Karnpidasana Yoga accurately, it is good to practice Sarvangasana and Halasana first so that your body can resist better in this harder pose.
This asana helps to lead spine expansion so that therapeutic liquids can wash all vertebras in the body. This Knee to Ear pose is performed by keeping length knees to toes parallel with respect to ground. The skull works like the foundation of this posture and neck suffers a tender stretch.
Things to know before performing Karnpidasana Yoga:
Although Karnpidasana yoga has so many health benefits still, there are few medical conditions that do not allow a person to perform this asana. Some of these are highlighted below:
- High blood pressure
- Blocked Arteries
- Neck Injury
The best time to perform Karnpidasana yoga is morning and it should be done with an empty stomach.
Lie down on the floor on your back. Keep your arms and knees firm on the floor. The fingers must close together. Lift your legs above the ground. Maintain the feet and legs close to each other. Now bend your knees and bring them near your ears in such manner that your left knee touches the left ear and right leg touches the right ear. Thereafter lower your legs further and touch the floor with your feet. The hands must remain rigid on the floor. Repeat this exercise for about five times.
Initially it is going to be little difficult to remain in this position, however with regular practice it becomes very easy to balance.
Karn-Pidasana makes the nervous system strong and vigorous. By doing this asana the Sushumna Nadi is stimulated and as a result each and every part of the body is conscious. The entire body is energized, revived and is activated.
Additional Benefits of Karnpidasana Yoga:
- This asana fills the body with loads of energy so that person can perform better in routines.
- It leads a calming action to the brain and helps to get rid of stress and anxiety.
- Karnpidasana strengthens and stretches whole spinal column.
- This yoga pose is capable enough to improve lung strength hence it is preferred to avoid symptoms of asthma.
- This yoga asana is capable enough to stimulate abdominal organs and thyroid gland so that they can lead high-performance
- It stretches spine and shoulders.
- Karnpidasana yoga can control fatigue, hypertension, pressure and depression.
- This yoga posture can reduce menopause.
- It works effectively to reduce backaches, headaches, infertility, and
- Karnpidasana is efficient enough to increase digestion.
- It can stretch and strengthen whole spinal column including shoulders, back, and vertebral column.
- This asana helps to tone buttock and hips so that person can maintain better body shape.
- Karnpidasana is also useful to treat the symptoms of insomnia. It helps to improve calmness in mind so that person can enjoy healthy sleep.